Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bruxelles

Sorry for being so late with posting pictures from my trip to Bruxelles, but better late than never I suppose! A few friends and I made the trip to go see a band preform, but also to see a friend of ours that had been in Utrecht on exchange last semester. This city was a lot different from the other Belgian city I had already visited, Brugge. While Brugge was in the Dutch area of Belgium, Bruxelles is in the French area. So everyone, my friends included, were speaking French...with the exception of me and of the our Spanish friends haha. It's a fantastic place with a very big city feel. With the tall skyscrapers and the city streets filled with people, it was quite the exciting trip.

Here is a picture of the concert we went to. They put on a great show and it was really interesting to hear a group rap and sing in French.
 a church in Ixelles, a neighborhood of Bruxelles
 our friend promised us "the best hot chocolate in the world". I don't know how true that may be, but it was certainly the best hot chocolate I've ever had!
 the cafe where we had our chocolate. They even had an adorable dog that was walking around the room
 a great example of some of the daring and interesting architecture the city has to offer







 central station

I really enjoyed the trip we made to Bruxelles, but I'm not sure I could handle another trip there with the amount of fries, chocolate, and waffles my friends and I consumed there!
<3 Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment