Sunday, September 4, 2011

first few days in Holland

So I haven't had too much time to get these pictures up, but since everything is pretty much shut down here on Sundays, I had plenty of time today.
My first day was spent with Tina, my mom's cousin. She was so sweet to let me stay with her, and she even took me to see windmills and a castle nearby her house! I did some exploring around Bloemendaal and found a cheese shop with 400 different kinds of cheese. I think the shop owner must have thought I was a little weird to want to take pictures of the cheese, though.






On Wednesday, I met Grace at the airport and we took a train to Utrecht. After we got to our accommodations for the night, we spent the rest of the day exploring the city.
 The cathedral near where we stayed...







 Clock tower near the church...

 My first legal drink! 
 










On Thursday, we were finally allowed to move into our apartment in Zeist! 
Home for the next four months...


 My baby girl! She's the one on the left. A few hours after I got her I got a flat, but she'll be fixed soon!

Yesterday we took a tour of the city and a canal tour in a boat. Everything was so pretty!

Those are all of the pictures for now, but there'll be more to come!
<3, rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment